Ottawa-Nepean PC candidate Randall Denley: "People who come from other countries, I guess I call them foreigners".
Almost 30% of Canadians in Ottawa are immigrants. The 2006 census counted 47% of Toronto as "foreigners".
Sir John A. MacDonald was a Fob "foreigner" who became our Prime Minister.
The tone in which Hudak and his goons use the word "foreigner" is derrogatory and downright insulting!
From National Post:
«Progressive Conservatives charged through like a herd of wildebeests. They released an ad suggesting the plan to give "$10,000 to workers" might "sound good." But "too bad. It's not for you. $10,000 ... only for foreign workers. Ontario workers need not apply. You just get the bill."
Watch the video: HudaKKK thinks skilled and educated immigrants who have foreign credentials yet have double the unemployment rate as their Canadian-born counterparts are somehow "getting a fair shake". Too bad his argument is based on fiction.
A few questions presented themselves: How are Canadian citizens living in Ontario "foreign," and why on earth would the PCs direct ire toward them, rather than toward the Liberals who proposed the idea? Does the party not want their votes? Does it realize they're allowed to vote?
"[Mr. McGuinty is] gonna increase your taxes, drive your hydro bills through the roof, and then come up with these wasteful schemes like this $10,000 affirmative-action program to hire foreign workers when we have half a million Ontario families out looking for work today," Mr. Hudak said on Tuesday.»
Next week, my "foreigner" friend will receive his Canadian citizenship. I look forward to having him cast his vote against a "foreigner-hating" Party.
Recommend this post
2 comments:
I wish I could say the us vs them mentality wasn't effective, but unfortunately I think some will lap this kind of attack ad up:(
The funny thing is May 26, 2010,Hudak had a private members bill that would doo almost the same as the government's..there fore I guess he can be called a racist, and anything else he throws at Dalton.
Post a Comment